The four years in the Middle School are designed to build creative communicators and students who participate in all their classes with a disposition of inquiry. Using traditional and non-traditional materials and sources, Middle School students become ‘problem finders’ as well as problem solvers. Classes in world languages and cultures, the visual and performing arts as well as athletics are designed to provide the early adolescent students with a balanced experience across all disciplines. A profound sense of community responsibility and ethical behavior are part of the character of students in the division.
In the Middle School, students begin to get comfortable outside of their comfort zone. We provide an innovative, student-centered, and project-based culture where fifth through eighth graders can try new things they may never otherwise have had the opportunity to do.
- Interdisciplinary and student-directed learning
- Access to innovation spaces including a MakerSpace and Fabrication Studio
- Diverse clubs and activities in all areas of academics, arts and athletics, including Lego robotics, the Middle School Musical, the student art show, dance program and math team, and off-campus leadership and team-building trips
- Mandarin, Latin, or Spanish language learning
- Interscholastic sports including cross country, field hockey, tennis, and soccer