Berwick Academy seeks a qualified Director of Rowing for its Upper School spring Crew program. Berwick is in its sixth year of a growing program and have seen the numbers and interest grow increasingly each year. We are looking for passionate, energetic, and dedicated individuals to coach the team’s 50+/- dedicated and driven male & female athletes, from novice to experienced high school rowers.
Job requirements include:
· Bachelor's Degree
· Compliance with all procedures and policies of crew facilities and US Rowing
· Prior rowing experience
· Prior coaching experience, specifically in club or school level
· Ability to organize and administer training plan and to direct practices
· Required attendance at practice and races
· Exceptional communication and motivational skills
· Ability to establish positive relationships with our student-athletes, parents and school administration
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent personal character
Those interested should email a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Berwick Academy is Maine's oldest, independent Pre-K through Post Graduate private school. Our community is dynamic, offering challenging academics, competitive athletics, and creative arts programs. Members of the community operate within a context of caring and respect as we pursue our quest for "useful knowledge" as "one school with three divisions." Students and faculty are encouraged to expand their horizons by balancing academics with athletic, dramatic, and musical options.